Tuesday 15 October 2013

Video - Brett Lee Previews India-Australia ODIs

Brett Lee says that the upcoming seven-match One-Day International series in India could provide Australia with valuable preparation ahead of the Ashes.

With a hot summer forecast in Australia, Lee, who played 76 Tests, 221 ODIs and 25 Twenty20 Internationals, reckons that playing in India will be good 'heat training' for Darren Lehmann's men.

"I think it's going to be a great series for Australia because it's heat training, you know, I think back in Australia it's going to be a hot summer," he said.

"Come over here and play seven one-dayers it's going to be 45 degree heat, I think it's going to put them in very very good stead for the Australian summer.

"I think it's going to be a tough series but I know that if Australia can play the way that they can I am confident that they can put up a very good fight," he added.

Lee has not played an ODI since 2012 and now only plays Twenty20 cricket, but he claims that speculation is linking him with an ODI comeback due to his presence in India.

"Bit of speculation that I might be here to play the one-day series but I can clarify right now that the answer is no," he joked.

"Unless everyone falls off through injury and they need someone I'll of course stand up for Australia and I know that's not going to happen."

For the record, Lee had a good record against India, taking 55 wickets at 21.00 in 32 ODIs.

Video courtesy of SNTV. This video will only be available for 14 days, after which the video player above will display a playlist of the latest live content available.

© Cricket World 2013


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment